Whether you’re making a temporary or permanent move, forwarding your mail to your new address is essential. The common procedure to do so is going through the US postal service. You can either go into your local post office, waste time waiting in line to fill out a mundane form, or go through the website and get charged a $1.00 fee to ensure your identity. Both ways are just another annoyance during your already demanding move. Fortunately, MoveEasy’s platform excludes both hassles and can be done in a matter of minutes.
If you’re connecting to MoveEasy’s website via your real estate agent, your information is already filled in for you. All that is left for you to do is to confirm that our records are correct. You’ll be prompted to confirm your identity by a code that is texted to you, free of charge.
If you’re connecting to MoveEasy’s website independently, no worries we have you covered. Just follow these simple steps:
- Fill in your first and last name (These should already be filled out from previous questions.)
- Select whether you’re filing as an individual or family (same last name).
- If a family member moving does not have the same last name as you, you can file them in another request.
- Enter or confirm your current and future home addresses.
- Indicate whether your move is temporary or permanent. (If temporary, but longer than 6 months, then mark permanent and update again later.)
- Confirm identity by text message.
- Check back later to see if “Forward Mail Status” is complete.
And that’s it! Forwarding your mail to your new address has never been easier. Just another way MoveEasy simplifies your move.